Your Ultimate Spring Cleaning Guide
Spring is the time of year to flourish! Organize your way to more space in your home, greater peace of mind, increased relaxation when you walk in the door, and extra time (now that you’re not wasting time looking for something that’s out of place). The best way to keep your home organized is to find out what works best for you. Below are our suggestions. We also recommend breaking up the list by doing one area of the house per day, rather than all at once so you won’t get overwhelmed.
Spring Cleaning Checklist:
- Coat Closet / Entry Way
- Hang everything and find hooks for things like purses and camera bags.
- If you have the space, designate drawers, hooks, or cubbies for shoes, keys, and mail.
- Living Room
- Ready to tackle your new year reading list? If you’re low on bookshelf space, box up and put away the books you’ve finished last year, and only display the books you’re planning to read next.
- Retire outdated magazines from your coffee table or magazine racks by recycling them or selling them (most places that buy books will also buy your old magazines).
- Take inventory on anything that has broken and replace it.
- Discard seldom-used specialty utensils that are only taking up space.
- Empty your pantry, your cabinets, your refrigerator, and your freezer. Toss the expired items and consider throwing out the last bit of ingredients you bought for a one-time trial recipe (ingredients you’re unlikely to use again).
- Don’t forget to go through the spice cabinet; spices can lose their potency over time.
- Throw out scrubs and soaps that you never use (maybe you don’t like the scent or the texture).
- Toss old cosmetics
- Again, check the expiration dates and discard anything that’s expired. (Note: Flushing expired drugs down the toilet may affect the water supply, so ask your pharmacy if they have a drug take-back program.)
- Bedroom Closet
- Organize your closet so that your everyday items are easily accessible.
- Stock work wardrobe items that you can mix and match near the front of the closet. This will cut down on time it takes choosing an outfit.
- Move your winter clothes to storage and take out your summer clothes.
Half the battle of getting organized is getting rid of old or unused items that are taking up space unnecessarily. Or pack, carefully label, and move these items to a storage unit in the Houston area.
Tips for each level of organizer:
- Be smart about shelving, vertical and corner space in your home or in your storage unit.
- Don’t be afraid to throw away or give away old, unused items. If you are going to keep special, nostalgic items, research how to properly store them so they stand the test of time.
- Invest in attractive shelving solutions, storage bins, or drawers to make your home even more pleasing.
- Attach labels to your storage bins with what’s inside to cut down on the time it takes to riffle through a box or two until you find what you’re looking for.
- Keep a binder of checklists that you use throughout the year. Download our Spring Home Organization Checklist here. Here are a few others we’ve compiled for you to keep your home running smoothly throughout the year: Cleaning Calendar, First Aid Kit Checklist, Pantry Staples Checklist.
- Keep other, frequently used information (like laundry care) close at hand with a laminated chart.
Are you spring cleaning your home this year? We can help! Although we don’t clean windows, we do offer storage solutions that will help keep your home clutter free all year long. Amazing Spaces storage is an affordable, convenient way to make uncluttering your home stress-free. We offer everything you need to store your items safely and securely, including boxes, moving trucks, and storage units. Just give us a call and Amazing Spaces storage will help you come up with a plan that meets your needs and requirements.
Spring cleaning requires energy, time, and lots of hard work. Finding a storage unit, on the other hand, is as simple as calling Amazing Spaces storage to arrange an affordable storage solution. Our staff is on hand to answer any questions you might have. Many people are not sure what size storage unit they might need, or whether their belongings would be safe. We offer online tools to help you determine the right storage unit for your family, or we are happy to help you over the phone. We can help you determine exactly what size storage unit is right for your family’s needs, and our facility offers secure and reliable storage. Your family’s belongings are extremely important, and we understand that just because you want to unclutter does not mean the items you want to store are not important. We offer storage of even high-value items, including boats and cars, and make safety and security a high priority.
With an Amazing Spaces storage unit, you can be assured that your items will be there when you need them. Summer camping supplies, family heirlooms, and seasonal decorations are all important to your family but can get in the way when they are not in use. Get clutter out from underfoot but keep it available for use by storing it in a storage unit. Our storage units are easily accessible so you can pick up your items whenever you want to use them. We offer units in a variety of sizes, so whether you want to store a few valuables or a household worth of belongings, we will have a unit that meets your needs.
This year, take an extra step during spring cleaning to reduce stress and lighten your workload the whole year round. Let Amazing Spaces storage make your life easier. When you rent a storage unit from us, you can unclutter your home and actually keep it clear of clutter. Keep family treasures and seasonal items out of the way but safe and secure by contacting Amazing Spaces Storage Centers to rent a unit. We make renting storage as easy as possible. You can call us to make arrangements with our professional staff or rent an Amazing storage unit online.