Amazing Ways to Celebrate 2021 Father’s Day in Houston
We love celebrating all the amazing dads out there! Dads are special people – they’re the first we turn to when we have questions or need advice and they’re the people who make life fun. We put together a few amazing ideas and events to help celebrate the father in your life!
Head to Minute Maid Stadium to Watch the Astros vs White Sox Game
The crack of the bat, the 7th inning stretch, the anticipating of a grand slam…heading to an Astros game is a sure-fire way to make your dad’s Father’s Day memorable. Not only are you able to treat Dad to excitement, but you’ll also be able to enjoy some of the best treats available in Houston. Minute Maid Stadium has upped their food game over the past several years. While the traditional hot dog and cracker jacks are still widely available, now you can dine on Texas BBQ, juicy Shake Shake burgers, NOLA favorites, and more! We also like this option because not only can it become a tradition, it’s a great way to get some solid quality time in with your dad (and maybe his too!).
Pioneer Gun Class at George Ranch Historical Park
After the class, be sure to explore the park, which sits on a 200,000 acre working ranch. Take Dad on a journey back in time by exploring the four different time periods of the park – 1830, 1860, 1890, and 1930! Discover the way we used to be by exploring historical homes, listening to costumed interpreters, enjoying hands-on activities, and more!
Show Dad Just How Magical He is at the Woodlands Children’s Museum
Take Father’s Day to New Heights at the Lone Star Flight Museum
Treat Dad like an “Ace” for Father’s Day at the Lone Star Flight Museum. The museum will be having B-17 Texas Raiders tours and flights on Saturday, June 19th from 10AM-5PM and Sunday, June 20th from 12PM-5PM. Plan tours are $5 per person and include three different plans! Learn more about the different plans available to tour at the Gulf Coast Wing B-17 Texas Raiders website. On Father’s Day, all dads get a free Flight to the Finish Challenge Coin while supplies last.
Explore with Dad on a Hike at Bayou Bend
Take Dad to One of Houston’s Many Breweries
Breweries all over Houston are having special events to help celebrate dads! We’ve outlined our favorites below:
- Father’s Day Market at B-52 Brewing Take dad out for a beer and let him pick out a unique gift from local venders at the market. The market will be open on June 19th, starting at 12:PM. Learn More
- BBQ Bonanza at City Acre Brewery Relax with a plate of delicious food and a calming atmosphere at City Acre Brewing on Father’s Day from 11AM to 6PM. We recommend checking out their BBQ split plate – it’s their meaty take on a banana split, only instead of bananas it’s sausage, instead of ice cream it’s scoops of house-made potato salad, cole slaw and pulled pork, and the whole thing’s served with house-made sourdough bread slices and pickled jalapeños. Can you say YUM?! Learn More
- Karbach Local Market Never one to miss a holiday, stop by the Karbach Biergerten on Father’s Day from 11AM-6PM for beer and to check out goodies from local vendors.
- Father’s Day with Parker’s Pairings at Southern Star Expand Dad’s palate at this beer and food paring event on Father’s Day starting at Noon. Learn More
Feast on Brunches Designed For Dads
It’s hard to beat brunch when you’re celebrating. Several restaurants around Houston and Spring communities are having specialty brunch options, designed just for dad. Check out the amazing Father’s Day menus at these restaurants and reserve your spot online:
Special Dad & Me Classes at Local Businesses
Looking for something hands-on to do with Dad this year? Check out some of these specialty classes available to help Dad and the young ones bond while learning something new.
- Central Market Pizza Party Stop by Central Market Houston and learn how to make homemade pizza. Reserve Tickets Online
- Specialty Dad and Kids Painting Classes at Painting With A TwistThis seems to be happening at every Painting With a Twist location, but the painting offerings do seem to vary depending on the location you go to. At the Painting with a Twist in The Woodlands, dads and kiddos can enjoy painting Dalmatians — just in time for the Cruella movie! Learn More
We hope you found something amazing to do with your dad this year! Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing dads out there!