Mother’s Day in Houston
If you haven’t already done so, it’s time to make some plans to celebrate that special lady in your life- your mom! Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 8th, and there are so many things to do in Houston, we don’t know where to start! Below is a list of a few choice options to choose from.
- Brunch– Of course, brunch. It’s so simple, yet so enjoyable and any mom (or person in general for that matter) will enjoy a good brunch. A lot of restaurants are serving up special Mother’s Day menus and possibly even complimentary mimosas. For a complete list of restaurants visit the Open Table website. Pro Tip: If you’re planning on brunching this Sunday, be sure to make reservations as far in advance as possible. Everyone and their mother will be out at these hot spots!
- Shopping– Aside from all of the great shopping areas in and around Houston, there are also Farmer’s Markets such as the Farmer’s Market at Bridgeland and the Magnolia Farmers and Artisans Market which are held every Sunday.
- Music– From a jazz concert to celebrate mom to Paul Anka live at The Grand and many more in between, there’s bound to be something for that music-loving mom of yours!
- Festivals– Both the 10th Annual Polish Festival and the 30th Annual Texas Crawfish & Music Festival are running all weekend long.
- Catch a Baseball Game– The Houston Astros are hosting the Seattle Mariners in a four-game series at Minute Maid Park all weekend long.
- Or Watch a Ballet– The Houston Ballet presents a family-friendly evening program featuring classical and contemporary dance performances at the Miller Outdoor Theater.