Top 5 Tips for Making the Most of Your Time at Home!
For many of us, life looks much different right now. Everyday routines are out of sync, plans have been cancelled indefinitely and there’s a whole lot of uncertainty about the future. However, despite the circumstances, being quarantined at home doesn’t have to be a negative! Look at it as a chance to press pause, to reset and realign your priorities. Take the time to work on those projects you have been putting off and most importantly take the time to do whatever it is that brings you JOY.
- Cook/bake meals and freeze them for later—Realistically, our pantries are full of essentials that we can use to whip-up something yummy (and maybe even healthy)! Take this time to make nutritious meals for you and your family and freeze them for later. In a few months or even weeks, you’ll be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor and you will appreciate it all the more! Check out this list of homemade SOUPS that are the ultimate in comfort food. Is baking more your jam? This is our recipe for our all time favorite chocolate chip cookies! There’s even instructions on how to freeze the dough so you can simply pop it in the oven in a jiffy a few months from now!
- Enroll in online fitness classes— With the mandated gym closures, fitness studios are embracing the digital age and offering online classes for a discounted rate! Check out the website(s) of your local pilates or yoga studios and see what options they have available for online classes. If you’re not interested in enrolling, resort to the MANY fitness videos on YouTube to help keep you moving! One of our favorite YouTube fitness channels is: Tone It Up. They offer lots of workouts that you can do right in your living room without any equipment necessary!
- Stay connected—Now more than ever, it’s easy to stay connected to family and friends, despite the distance. Reach out to friends or family you haven’t caught up with in a while and setup a Facetime or Zoom virtual hang-out! During times like this, it’s easy to feel isolated and alone, that’s why it’s so important to stay connected with family and friends. Be sure to check in on your parents and grandparents on a regular basis too, being that they’re at higher risk. A simple call will mean the world to them and help them to feel less alone too!
- Clean and organize—There’s no better time than now, to deep clean and get a head- start on spring cleaning projects! HERE is the ultimate guide to spring cleaning and some of the best hacks we’re heard of, broken down by room! Did you know that you can get rid of those hard water stains left behind by your dishwasher, by simply adding a cup full of vinegar to the top rack?! In addition to deep cleaning, organize as you go! Tackle the spice cupboard in the kitchen and your beauty cabinet in the bathroom. Throw away(or recycle) anything expired and wipe down the inside of the cabinets and your fridge/freezer!
- Working from home the right way—Let’s face it, it’s way more exciting to stay in your PJ’s all day, when not having to report in to the office! However, does that help your production? Not usually! Doing something as simple as getting up in the morning, following your routine, showering and getting dressed, will really help your mindset to tackle your projects and take your day seriously.
While we aren’t sure how long this quarantine will last, we are sure that you can take control of your daily routine and make the most of it! We hope these tips inspire you to stay healthy and happy during this time! We are so very thankful for all of our amazing customers and look forward to seeing all of you again. Stay healthy and well!